Advances in technology have created a world where some complex spine procedures can now be done safely at Resurgens Surgery Center.
For the right patient, same-day surgical options for spine procedures can include:
- Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- Lumbar Laminectomy and Microdecompression
- Coflex Interspinous Stabilization
- Minimally Invasive Cervical and Lumbar Fusion
- Artificial Disc Replacement
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery
The mySPINE Health Rapid Recovery Program will ensure the patient receives healthcare that is as good as or better than what is being offered elsewhere today.
Outpatient spine procedures are not right for everyone. Ideal candidates are active, healthy, not overweight or obese, in generally good physical condition, non-smoking, and highly motivated.
You must have an available care partner to accompany you when you attend our mySPINE Health Patient Education Class, be there on the day of surgery, and stay with you when you return home the same day or next day, after your surgery.
The above guidelines are general. Your physician will have his or her own criteria to determine if you’re a good candidate for an outpatient spine procedure.
Benefits to the Patient:
- Recover at home– One of the reasons patient satisfaction is high is because patients can rest and heal in the comfort of their own home.
- Lessened risk of infection– You are less likely to encounter someone who is sick or has been around people who may be sick when you recover in your own home.
- Faster recovery– People who are comfortable at home heal faster and do better than those who are not in their own environment.
- Reduced out-of-pocket cost– On average, patients pay less at a Resurgens Surgery Center compared to the identical surgical procedure not performed at a Resurgens Surgery Center. Savings are typically reflected in co-pays and co-insurance.
- Patient education and guidance– Every step of your spine journey is guided by a dedicated, educated, and specially trained Spine COACH. This person and their experienced clinical team will help you and your care partner prepare your body, mind, and finances for surgery in our center. He or she will ensure that you have all the tools you need to have a good surgical outcome and experience. The Spine COACH and their team will help you get on your feet and out the door after your surgery, and closely follow you at home through frequent touchpoints to ensure you’re on the very best path to a successful recovery.
To learn more, and to find out if you are an ideal candidate for an outpatient spine procedure through the mySPINE Health Rapid Recovery Program, talk to your doctor today and tell them you’re interested in the spine program at Resurgens Surgery Center. Don’t have a board-certified orthopedic specialist?
Check out our physician directory to book an appointment.